Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Caffeine anyone?

In my opinion,the inaugural Singapore Coffee Festival 2016 was a blast. It was so packed with coffee and people in the business of coffee, I had to visit the festival twice. But I must admit that I was there to sketch...  but of course. The visits on Friday and Sunday also gave me time to have a bird's eye view of. what is happening out there in the local coffee scene. 

I've been cafe hopping since I arrived Singapore 2 months back. Given how modern the island is, many coffee shops go for the vintage nostalgic look. We crave for what we don't have or miss. There are others that have this industrial feel to it. Easier to execute and maintain. And there those with there own unique theme to it like the Hello Kitty themed cafe at Terminal 3. I am impressed with the 3rd wave of coffee movement in Singapore and look forward to seeing how it evolved in the very near future. 

Below are some of the sketches I did from the recent Singapore Coffee Festival. 

 The Costal Settlement


 The Costal Settlement


  The Costal Settlement


  The Costal Settlement


  The Costal Settlement


  The Costal Settlement


 The Costal Settlement


 The Costal Settlement

Wheely's Tmpelapse: 



No comments:

Post a Comment